4.7 C
London
Sunday, December 5, 2021

Turkish destroyers deployed off Libyan shores

- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

[ad_1]

Al-Arabiya reported on the morning of Saturday, May 2, 2020, just two days after al-Wefaq's opposition to the ceasefire announced that two Turkish destroyers had been deployed off the coast of Boulevard al-Bulli in Libya, believed to have been set up to bomb eastern Libyan army forces in Tehran.

According to Al-Arabiya, the deployment of two Turkish destroyers in Libyan coastal waters comes two days after the Libyan government agreed to call for a ceasefire in Ramadan, which was proposed by “friendly” countries and approved by the Eastern Libyan army. Rejected.

Meanwhile, General Ahmed al-Masmari, spokesman for the General Command of the Eastern Libyan Army, said on Wednesday [April 29th] that the Libyan army, in response to calls from friendly and brotherly countries, agreed to establish a humanitarian ceasefire during Ramadan and end military operations in Libya.

A spokesman for the Eastern Libyan army told a news conference that the eastern Libyan army had responded positively to calls from friendly and brotherly countries for an immediate cessation of hostilities during Ramadan.

Al-Masmari also said that the Eastern Libyan army, while agreeing to the ceasefire, reserves the right to respond to any suspicious threats or actions and violations of the ceasefire by the armed militias affiliated with the Al-Wefaq government.

Meanwhile, Ankara intervened in Libya's position on the ceasefire, saying it would “continue to support the al-Wefaq government” in the face of the Libyan National Army.

In contrast, the Al-Wefaq government on Thursday, opposed to the announced ceasefire, threatened to continue its attacks on “threatening centers wherever they are and to end the existence of illegal groups across the country.”

Meanwhile, the United Nations and other relief agencies have called for a ceasefire to fight the pandemic crisis and for a new virus to stop the war and resume joint military talks aimed at reaching a permanent agreement on a ceasefire based on the ceasefire. They became international roadmaps.

The United Nations said in a statement that it was “necessary for both sides to seize the opportunity and to cease all hostilities immediately.”

A Libyan military source, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the Turkish government had sent about 10 Anqa UAVs to the Al-Saraj government, which was larger than the Birqadar drone, many of which have been intercepted by Libyan army insurgents so far. .

Angha drones are being connected to the Egyptian Air Force's defense system, the source said. This is a system that breaks down the waves of noise to protect them from falling.

According to the source, the Angha UAV protection device is connected to the satellite because it works like a US and British “Pardator” UAV via satellite.

In this regard, Mohammad Hassan, a senior officer in the Eastern Army, said that Turkey's Angha UAV had recently been upgraded to a fighter jet that tracks ground and naval targets. But the fate of this drone will not be better than the “unarmed” drone, because the large size and speed of rotation is one of the main weaknesses of this drone, and the failure of this drone in Deir ez-Zor, Syria, is a sufficient reason for its inefficiency.

He added that the Turkish government's goal in providing the weapons to the government was to reach a national agreement on Libyan oversight and to try to strengthen its potential to counter Libyan National Army forces.

News i

[ad_2]

- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img
Latest news
- Advertisement -spot_img
Related news
- Advertisement -spot_img

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here