News i Agency – The United States imposed sanctions on several individuals and institutions under the pretext of having ties with the Quds Force and Ansarullah


According to News i Agency’s International Group, the US Treasury Department on Thursday evening placed several individuals and entities on the sanctions list under the pretext of creating a plan to finance the Quds Force of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and the Yemeni Ansarullah group.

The US Treasury Department said in a statement that the Office of Foreign Assets Control had placed on the sanctions list a network that helped fund the Quds Force of the IRGC and the Yemeni Houthis.

The US Treasury Department claims that the network, led by Saeed al-Jamal, earns tens of millions of dollars from the sale of goods, including Iranian oil, much of which reaches the Houthis in Yemen through a network of intermediaries and exchanges in several countries.

A review of the US Treasury Department’s list shows that the US government has placed seven individuals, four companies and a ship on the sanctions list.

The US government has added Saeed Ahmed Mohammed, a Yemeni national, to the SDN sanctions list on the pretext of having links to the IRGC’s Quds Force and six others. The sanctioned nationals are citizens of Syria, Yemen, Britain, Somalia and India.

Sanctioned companies and ships are also on the SDN list under the pretext of communicating with sanctioned individuals. These companies are based in the UAE, Turkey and Yemen.

This action has been done based on “Executive Order 13224”. The Quds Force of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps has also been included in the sanctions list by the same decree of 2007.

The US Treasury Department said in a statement on Thursday that Ansar al-Islam had relied on the help of the IRGC’s Quds Force since the start of the war in Yemen.

The US Treasury Department has also announced that it has removed the names of three former Iranian government officials from the sanctions list.

The US government has also removed two companies that were previously on the sanctions list for allegedly acquiring, selling, transferring or marketing Iranian petrochemical products.

The US Treasury Department said the move was a result of a change in the behavior or status of sanctioned individuals and entities, and reflects Washington’s commitment to lifting sanctions if the behavior changes.

A U.S. official said removing the man from the sanctions list was a routine part of the Treasury Department and had nothing to do with the Vienna talks to return to the Security Council.

Another statement posted on the US Treasury Department’s website lists the names of three Iranians, Ahmad Qalehbani, Farzad Bazargan and Mohammad Moeini, as Iranians whose names have been removed from the sanctions list.

Mr. Ghalehbani was the former CEO of the National Iranian Oil Company. Mr. Moeini was a former director of the Iran Oil Trading Company and Mr. Bazargan was a former manager of the Hong Kong Internet Company of the Iranian Oil Trading Company.

SEA CHARMING SHIPPING COMPANY based in the Marshall Islands and AOXING SHIP MANAGEMENT SHANGHAI based in China are two companies whose names have been removed from the sanctions list.

A U.S. official said removing the man from the sanctions list was a routine part of the Treasury Department and had nothing to do with ongoing talks in Vienna to return to the Security Council.

News i /


.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *