News i Agency – Blinken’s explanation about the removal of the names of three former Iranian officials from the sanctions list


According to News i Agency’s International Group, US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken in a statement on Thursday evening explained the removal of three former Iranian officials from the US sanctions list.

The State Department said in a statement that the Treasury Department and the State Department had lifted sanctions on three former Iranian government officials and two companies.

“The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Treasury has lifted sanctions against three former Iranian government officials and two companies that have previously been involved in the purchase, acquisition, sale, transfer or marketing of Iranian petrochemical products,” the statement said.

“The move was the result of a change in the status or behavior of the sanctioned parties and demonstrates our commitment to lift the sanctions if the status or conduct of the sanctioned persons changes,” he said.

Earlier in the day, the US Treasury Department announced the removal of three former Iranian oil officials and two other companies from the sanctions list, citing the names of seven individuals, four companies and one ship on the sanctions list under the pretext of links to the Quds Force and Ansarullah. .

Another statement posted on the US Treasury Department’s website lists three Iranians named “Ahmad Ghalehbani”, “Farzad Bazargan” and “Mohammad Moeini” whose names have been removed from the sanctions list.

Mr. Ghalehbani was the former CEO of the National Iranian Oil Company. Mr. Moeini was a former director of the Iran Oil Trading Company and Mr. Bazargan was a former manager of the Hong Kong Internet Company of the Iranian Oil Trading Company.

In addition, SEA CHARMING SHIPPING COMPANY based in the Marshall Islands and AOXING SHIP MANAGEMENT SHANGHAI based in China are two companies whose names have been removed from the sanctions list.

An unnamed US official was quoted by Reuters as saying that the names of these individuals and companies were removed from the sanctions list as a matter of routine in the Treasury Department and had nothing to do with the ongoing Vienna talks to return to the UN Security Council.

The US government claims that it intends to pave the way for the US to return to the BRICS nuclear deal through the Vienna talks. However, Washington has so far refused to take the necessary steps to return to the agreement.

Reuters recently reported that Joe Biden’s government would have to lift sanctions on Iran imposed on 700 individuals and entities under Donald Trump to return to the UN Security Council.

The Reuters news agency wrote that this statistic was obtained based on the count of sanctions imposed by the US Treasury Department after the country withdrew from Borjam.

The figures, described by a US State Department official as close to Biden’s assessments, came as Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi put the number of US sanctions to be lifted at 1,500 last month.

Anthony Blinken said in a meeting of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Tuesday that he expects hundreds of sanctions against Iran to remain, even if they are revived.

“I predict that even if we return to adherence to the UN Security Council, hundreds of sanctions against Iran will remain, including those imposed by the Trump administration,” he said.

Former US President Donald Trump withdrew from the agreement approved by the UN Security Council in May 2016, violating its commitments, and put a policy of “maximum pressure” on the agenda.

Joe Biden government officials have repeatedly explicitly acknowledged the failure of the maximum pressure policy and said they intend to put it aside.

News i /


.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *